- EDGE – I know the Broncos took up Von Miller’s option for 2021 but he’s not the player he once was and Vic Fangio will surely look to add an additional edge rusher who can enter the rotation this year and potentially be the future starter opposite Bradley Chubb.
- LB – The inside linebacker spots in Vic Fangio’s defenses in the past have included names such as Ray Lewis and Patrick Willis so adding a hard hitting leader at that spot would definitely help to upgrade this Broncos defense.
- OT – Garrett Bolles seems to have locked down one of the tackle spots on the offensive line, but adding a bookend on the other side of the line, especially with Demar Dotson a free agent who has yet to re-sign, would definitely help to keep Drew Lock upright.
Kansas City Chiefs
- OT – The Chiefs have made a ton of moves to upgrade their offensive line early in free agency, bringing in Joe Thuney and Kyle Long. But the one position it still looks as though they need to address is left tackle so this remains an area that I expect them to target in the draft.
- EDGE – Again the Chiefs to have a number of free agents to replace in their pass rush, with only Frank Clark likely to return. I’m sure Steve Spagnuolo wouldn’t mind having a new, young edge rusher to unleash on opposing offenses.
- LB – The Chiefs drafted Willie Gay in the second round last year, but could definitely do with a further influx of talent at the linebacker position.
Las Vegas Raiders
- OL – I’ve got no idea what the Raiders are doing trading away two of their starters and cutting another, but the fact that they keep bringing back Richie Incognito should tell you all you need to know about the state of this unit. Derek Carr cannot be a happy man sitting at home right now, not knowing who’s going to be blocking for him in 2021 and Mike Mayock and Jon Gruden surely need to address this.
- LB – The additions of Yannick Ngakoue and Solomon Thomas should help the defensive line, but the group of linebackers in behind them is made up of a bunch of journeymen at best. Strengthening this group would give this whole defense a boost.
- S – Similarly the defensive secondary needs some work, and finding someone to pair with Jonathan Abram who can give them some flexibility on the back end would be an instant upgrade to this defense.
Los Angeles Chargers
- OL – Justin Herbert excelled as a rookie, but he was sacked and pressured a bit too much for everyone’s liking. Upgrading his offensive line will go a long way to ensuring this Chargers offense is built for success. The addition of Corey Linsley in free agency definitely makes a statement in that regard but I expect them to keep adding.
- EDGE – Melvin Ingram has been a major part of the Chargers pass rush for a number of years opposite Joey Bosa, but has departed in free agency. Replacing him will surely be something that is high on the Chargers agenda.
- TE – I know they’ve signed Jared Cook in free agency, but its a one year deal and he is 33 so won’t be around forever. Adding to Justin Herbert’s receiving corps, and giving him another guy he can rely on would also help the young quarterback to take a step forward if the Chargers want to contend in years to come.