Last updated 23 January 2021
- CB – The Cardinals have major problems against the pass and with Patrick Peterson a free agent, this could potentially get worse for them. This absolutely has to be a high priority for Arizona this offseason.
- EDGE – After declining Haason Reddick’s 5th year option during the last offseason, the Cardinals are going to have a huge decision to make after he notched up a career-high and team leading 12.5 sacks. Even if he sticks around, adding a bookend would help this defense to get better.
- IOL – Justin Pugh is a penalty machine and the Cardinals could release him and save themselves over $9m if they were to draft a replacement.
Los Angeles Rams
- OT – Andrew Whitworth won’t be around forever, so even if he does return in 2021 drafting someone ready to slot in for him would be a wise move for the Rams.
- EDGE – Leonard Floyd was signed on only a one year deal but even if he comes back, adding further pass rushing options to this defensive front to support the work Aaron Donald does so consistently would give opposing offenses nightmares.
- ILB – These guys don’t tend to do a lot of hard work in this Rams defense due to the strength of the front ahead of them, but imagine this group with a hard hitting, rangy Mike calling the shots – scary!
San Francisco 49ers
- CB – Most of the 49ers secondary are free agents and whilst some may return, there can be no doubting that this unit will be one that San Francisco looks to add to during this offseason.
- IOL – One of the biggest disappointments for the 49ers in 2020 was the run game, and that was driven by poor play from the interior of the offensive line which is another area this team to look to upgrade early in the draft.
- QB – Jimmy G hasn’t been anything like they hoped he’d be and after flirting with Tom Brady last year maybe this will be the time for the 49ers to go out and get themselves either an upgrade or a developmental prospect.
- OT – Duane Brown is 35 and Russell Wilson has been making plays to bail out this offensive line for far too long now. It’s time for the Seahawks to go about protecting him properly.
- IOL – In the same vein, strengthening the interior of this offensive line would also be a huge help to the offense.
- EDGE – The Seahawks didn’t get more than 6 sacks out of any of their pass rushers, relying instead on Jamal Adams getting to opposing quarterbacks. Adding some help here would be a boost to the Seahawks defense.